After 10 years of working with LGBTIQ people to make their regional, rural and remote communities safer, more supportive, welcoming and inclusive, NICHE Australia is now known as Rural Pride Australia. We still aim to change and save everyday LGBTIQ lives outside the big smoke, and need your help to spread the word, to partner with us and to consider us when you are making donations.
Let regional, rural and remote LGBTIQ people, and their supporters, know about us.
Contact us and/or go on the mailing list. Send ‘MAILING LIST’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations over $2 to Rural Pride Australia are tax deductible: DONATE NOW
WHAT HAS RURAL PRIDE AUSTRALIA DONE IN RECENT YEARS?
Rural Pride Australia is proud of its work with regional, rural and remote communities across Australia, including:
- LGBTIQ Leadership Retreats in the north and north-west of Tasmania;
- Victoria’s LGBTIQ Equality Roadshow to 29 regional and rural communities, with LGBTIQ people, their supporters and mainstream services;
- Ten Victorian Regional Communities of LGBTIQ Practice, gathering neighbouring communities to create everyday outcomes across communities for local LGBTIQ people;
- Rainbow Ready Roadmap for everyday regional and rural communities, focused on settings such as local government, mainstream health services, educational settings, community groups and businesses;
- Signs of LGBTIQ Hope/LGBTIQ Action Visits to rural and remote communities in Queensland and Western Australia to conduct community LGBTIQ snapshots, provide LGBTIQ Leadership Training and LGBTIQ 101 workshops for mainstream service providers;
- Workshops and presentations to 1000s of educators, health professionals and young people, including Beyond The Basics, Lessons from Rural LGBTIQ Leaders, Challenging LGBTIQ Resistance and Community Action Planning;
- Sponsoring dinner for attendee’s at Koori Pride Victoria’s First LGBTIQ+/Aboriginal Health Sector Yarning;
- Immediate financial support for activating local LGBTIQ networks following flood events; and,
- Rainbow Vaccination – FabJab – Campaign across regional and rural Victoria, as well as the distribution of 1000s of RATs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
p: 0427 346 206
Rural Pride Australia partners lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) people and mainstream organisations in regional, rural and remote communities to make those communities safer, more supportive, welcoming and inclusive. For seven years we have partnered the Victorian State Government and Commissioner for LGBTIQ+ Communities to work with 29 regional and rural communities on the LGBTIQ Equality Roadshow, Regional Communities of LGBTIQ Practice gatherings and LGBTIQ Rainbow Ready Roadmap. We also were involved in the FabJab LGBTIQ Vaccination Campaign as an Ambassador organisation, and distributed 1000s of RATs to LGBTIQ people across Victoria. Find out all about it here: www.engage.vic.gov.au/lgbtiq
Rural Pride Australia is ‘What Happened Next?’ after the 266-day Beyond ‘That’s So Gay’ Challenging Homophobia Tour of Rural Australia completed by Daniel Witthaus in 2010: www.thatssogay.com.au
Rural Pride Australia (RPA) aims to:
- Gather the best ideas, people and resources in challenging rural homo, bi and transphobia, and supporting LGBTIQ people; in doing so, RPA can map what’s working, what’s not and identify gaps;
- Work with, and build upon, successful, effective projects and organisations in regional, rural and remote Australian communities;
- Partner with mainstream and philanthropic organisations to leverage their resources for regional, rural and remote Australia.
We’re challenging rural homophobia, bi and transphobias one town, one story and one cuppa at a time.
Donations over $2 to NICHE are tax deductible: DONATE NOW